Although not exhaustive, the following is a list of books on Comparative Education, life in academia, etc. Enjoy!
- Arnove, R.F., and Torres, C.A. (Eds.) (2007). Comparative education: The dialectic of the global and the local. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Baker, D.P. and LeTendre, G.K. (2005). National difference, global similarities: World culture and the future of schooling. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Mundy, K., Bickmore, K., Hayhoe, R., and Madden, M. (Eds.). (2008). Comparative and international education: Issues for teachers. New York: Economic Policy Institute and Teachers College.
- Vavrus, F., and Bartlett, L. (Eds.). (2009). Critical approaches to comparative education: Vertical case studies from Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Baker, B. M. (1993). In perpetual motion. Allen & Unwin.
- Christensen, P. M., & James, A. (Eds.). (2008). Research with children: Perspectives and practices. Routledge.
- Cleverley, J. F., & Phillips, D. C. (1986). Visions of childhood: Influential models from Locke to Spock. New York: Teachers College Press.
- DeLoache, J. S., & Gottlieb, A. (Eds.). (2000). A world of babies: Imagined childcare guides for seven societies. Cambridge University Press.
- Scheper-Hughes, N., & Sargent, C. (Eds.). (1999). Small wars: The cultural politics of childhood. University of California Press.
- Stephens, S. (Ed.). (1995). Children and the Politics of Culture. Princeton University Press.
- Swadener, B. B. (2000). Does the village still raise the child?: A collaborative study of changing childrearing and early education in Kenya. SUNY Press.
Ethnographies on Childhood & Education
- Bartlett, L., & García, O. (2011). Additive schooling in subtractive times: Bilingual education and Dominican immigrant youth in the heights. Vanderbilt University Press.
- Demerath, P. (2009). Producing success: The culture of personal advancement in an American high school. University of Chicago Press.
- Lareau, A. (2011). Unequal childhoods: Class, race, and family life. University of California Press.
- MacLeod, J. (2010). Ain’t no makin’it. ReadHowYouWant.
- Mead, M., & Boas, F. (1928). Coming of age in Samoa (Vol. 4). New York: William Morrow.
- Mead, M. (2001). Growing up in New Guinea: A comparative study of primitive education. Harper Perennial Modern Classics.
- Suárez-Orozco, C., Suárez-Orozco, M. M., & Suárez-Orozco, M. M. (2002).Children of immigration. Harvard University Press.